Club Penguin Fansite Disney Club Penguin
Club Penguin Fansite Home Page Club Penguin Forums Club Penguin Arcade Club Penguin Gallery Club Penguin User Pages Club Penguin User Control Panel Register for Club Penguin Fansite

Go Back   Club Penguin Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Step right up on the ice cube and speak into the trout. A mod will be with you shortly.

Old Visitor Messages

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Notsofluffycow's Penguin Info

Notsofluffycow is a waddler
Visitor Messages

Why not have visitor messages here? I mean you can have them set for approval before they appear to the other person. It's how it's run on another site all VM's go into a mod queue then approved accordingly.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Batleth's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Animal's Award Patriotic Penguin's 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award World Penguin Day Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood:
Batleth is a name known to all of penguin kindBatleth is a name known to all of penguin kindBatleth is a name known to all of penguin kindBatleth is a name known to all of penguin kindBatleth is a name known to all of penguin kindBatleth is a name known to all of penguin kind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffybunny View Post
Why not have visitor messages here? I mean you can have them set for approval before they appear to the other person. It's how it's run on another site all VM's go into a mod queue then approved accordingly.
When that feature was added to vB, we decided at that point to not add that to our forums. We feel for various reasons, it would be best to leave off;
  • Something like that would have to be moderated, causing extra work for the mods.
  • I've seen them on many forum sites and most are just spam messages.
  • This isn't a social networking site. It's a forum.
  • Profile customizations will be dropped in the next version of vB, so not much reason to contact them about that soon.
  • Too easy for users to use these as a place to flame or troll each other, hence why they'd have to be moderated.
  • We strive to be a bit different than most forum sites.
  • Instead of being able to view users info right away, visitor messages would be the first tab making it another step for many.
  • We want to encourage discussions. This would just distract from people making actual posts or PMs.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Minecrafter for life :3
Thepuppydog's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Design An Outfit Winner's Award Screenshot Participant's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood:
Thepuppydog is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
When that feature was added to vB, we decided at that point to not add that to our forums. We feel for various reasons, it would be best to leave off;
  • Something like that would have to be moderated, causing extra work for the mods.
  • I've seen them on many forum sites and most are just spam messages.
  • This isn't a social networking site. It's a forum.
  • Profile customizations will be dropped in the next version of vB, so not much reason to contact them about that soon.
  • Too easy for users to use these as a place to flame or troll each other, hence why they'd have to be moderated.
  • We strive to be a bit different than most forum sites.
  • Instead of being able to view users info right away, visitor messages would be the first tab making it another step for many.
  • We want to encourage discussions. This would just distract from people making actual posts or PMs.
Oh well! Thats okay.