Club Penguin Fansite Disney Club Penguin
Club Penguin Fansite Home Page Club Penguin Forums Club Penguin Arcade Club Penguin Gallery Club Penguin User Pages Club Penguin User Control Panel Register for Club Penguin Fansite

Go Back   Club Penguin Fansite > Club Penguin Game Forums > Club Penguin Mini-Games

Club Penguin Mini-Games Instructions, Rules, Strategy and Tactics for the Mini-Games

Old Shadow's Guide: Cart Surfing

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
the Hedgehog
Shadow's Penguin Info

Shadow is a waddler
Puffle Shadow's Guide: Cart Surfing

Shadow's Guide: Cart Surfing

Hello!
I made this guide for all you players out there itching to play that fun, and dangerous, game down in that mine! Here, you'll find out how to get to the game, an explanation of the game, tips, and more!

START OF GUIDE. ENJOY IT, YOU SILLY RAB-- I MEAN PENGUIN.

STEP I:: Gettin' to the Game!
Well, I don't know how you know of this game without knowing how to get to it, but still, I'll tell you how to get to it. First off, go to your map. If you look near the Cove (it's near the ocean-side, and you will see a shack), you'll also notice a nearby small building on a bump on the snow.. If you click on the building, you'll be transported to the Mine Shack room. If you don't you understand what I'm saying, I just circled the location on the map in this picture. Anyways, once you there, go inside it via the door opening. You'll find yourself in a small damp cave. Then, you can go to the tracks and, voila! You will be asked if you want to play Cart Surfing.

STEP II:: Game Objective!

The basic objective of this game (and practically every other game in Club Penguin) is to do some tricks and earn lots of points without dying too much. The tricks are relatively easy and some earn you lots of points. I'll get more into that at the How To Play! / Controls! sections of the guide. Anyways, there is a limit to how long your cart-surfin' journey will last. If you don't die 3 times, you'll last long enough to get to the end of the cave (which is a bright light). Then your game is finished, and your points will be turned into cold-hard cash-- er, I mean coins...
If you do die, don't worry, you won't lose your hard-earned points. They'll be turned into coins as you leave the game.

STEP III:: Controls!

You basically play this fun game by using your arrow keys (and Space bar) as your controls. Here is a list of the most basic moves:

SPACE BAR: JUMP
DOWN ARROW: LEAN DOWN
RIGHT ARROW: LEAN RIGHT
LEFT ARROW: LEAN LEFT
UP ARROW: STAND ON CART

Once you get the hang of the game, you can use these simple moves and combine some togther to make some nifty, high-points earnin', moves. There are many combination possibilities, and most can be found on this thread. Credit goes the OP of that thread, and all contributers there. If you think there are some combinatons missing, go ahead and post it!

STEP IV:: How to Play!

By using the arrows and controls I explained earlier, you must navigate your way out of the mine while earning points. Along the way, you'll meet turns, which sequently get more difficult to turn through each time. You turn by leaning correspondently to the turn's direction (ex: if you reach a left turn, you better turn left). If you don't turn in time (or make a trick in the turn, or lean the wrong way), you'll fall off your cart and "die". Fortunately, your penguin doesn't sustain any injuries that it should have, and gets back on the cart. However, if you die 3 times, you'll lose your only 3 carts, and be kicked out of the game (but still keep your points). Your life/cart meter is displayed on the upper left part of the screen.
As you get the heck out of that crazy mine, you can do some cool tricks, and earn points (I know I've repeated this many times). You can do a large assortment of tricks, but be weary of how long and where you do you tricks. If you do a certain trick (like leaning to the right) for too long, your cart will flip out, and your penguin will fly (apparently, penguins CAN fly) and DIE. You also "die" when you a trick when you're on turn (this rule EXLUCDES leaning correspondent to the turn's direction). So watch out when using your tricks. If you're consistent with doing tricks, and have a good eye for those mean turns, you'll get a pretty good score. Your points are shown in the upper right meter of the screen.

STEP V:: Point System!

Ever wonder about how your points and coin-outcome relate? I'll answer those questions here. The Point System is simple. You are rewarded a certain number of points when you complete a trick. And those point are later tallied up and you are given 1 COIN PER EVERY 10 POINTS. So there you have it.
On a side note, if you do a trick, and do that same trick again within a few moments, the points you earn for that trick that time will be cut in half. So do different tricks!

BONUS STEP:: Tips!

Huh? You care about what I personally think? GEE WHIZ, thanks! Well, my tips for today are:
  • Use the back-flip move a lot!
  • Use the 360-Jump move a lot!
  • Rate this thread 5 stars.
  • If you don't, I will seriously hunt you and your penguin friends down.
  • Seriously.
  • And above all, HAVE FUN! ...Seriously.
END OF GUIDE. NOW DANCE AROUND ***** (AS A NON-MEMBER PENGUIN)!

Hope you liked it!

Last edited by Shadow; 08-10-2007 at 02:12 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Spaceis
Kevin's Penguin Info

Kevin is a waddler
Thanks for the guide. Haha. This is the only game I play to get credits fast enough when I need them. Or when I'm bored .
Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 AM
the Hedgehog
Shadow's Penguin Info

Shadow is a waddler
Thanks, Kevin. By the way, guess you liked my profile picture.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Spaceis
Kevin's Penguin Info

Kevin is a waddler
Yes I do. I love sonic.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Fan's Penguin Info

Fan is a waddler
lol thats easy game

Lol thats easy game Heres tip (if you do up and down togher it does hand standing the the cart it gives 80 sometimes 40 mostly 40) well there ya go
Old 03-23-2008, 10:57 PM
danyytr's Penguin Info

danyytr is a waddler
Hey thats impossible i tried it 100 times a month
Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Red propeller hat user
Red Josh 200's Penguin Info

Red Josh 200 is a waddler
Nice guide.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Is mad about an item bot
mariopop200's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood:
mariopop200 is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
[CENTER]Shadow's Guide: Cart Surfing
END OF GUIDE. NOW DANCE AROUND ***** (AS A NON-MEMBER PENGUIN)!

Hope you liked it!
LOL *laughs*
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 AM
|-|3110!
Lefty97's Penguin Info

My Mood:
Lefty97 is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
Lol thats easy game Heres tip (if you do up and down togher it does hand standing the the cart it gives 80 sometimes 40 mostly 40) well there ya go
it gives you 40 if you do the move twice or more in a row. if you use the move after another move, youll get 80.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
[CENTER]

Use the back-flip move a lot!
Use the 360-Jump move a lot!

Hope you liked it!
Pretty much my technique, except i rotate techniques nonstop, for ex. flip,360,flip,360,etc.
I always grind on turns. I get about 320-430 coins a game.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Club Penguin Dork
Greenyx1's Penguin Info

Greenyx1 is a waddler
Puffle Greenyx1's 3 Helpful Cart Surfer Tips

Well Cart Surfer is one of my favorite games! And this is how you can get 300 coins or more!

1) Some of the best moves are Backflip (down + space) and air spin (space + right).
2) Best way to turn is to use the rail grind (down + left) or (down + right) depending on which way you have to turn.
3) Don't use the backflip more than once because you'll only get 50 coins the second time.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
PolarPurple
GoodPolarGirl's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Halloween '09 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award CPF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood:
GoodPolarGirl is a waddler
Cool, thanks for the tips! I'll try them out once CP opens
Old 08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
penguin girl
S1d8pink's Penguin Info

S1d8pink is a waddler
thanks
its one of the games i play the most!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Michaela1232's Penguin Info

Michaela1232 is a waddler
Cart Surfer is one of my favorite games,also! My fave move is down,space. When you do it you get 100 points!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Arcade Player
Fatcorny's Penguin Info

My Mood:
Fatcorny is a waddler
Thanks! Now I will be rich doing tricks!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey! It's me from TTC lol
toontowncrazy101's Penguin Info

toontowncrazy101 is a waddler
Good guide! I LOVE this game!