Club Penguin Fansite Disney Club Penguin
Club Penguin Fansite Home Page Club Penguin Forums Club Penguin Arcade Club Penguin Gallery Club Penguin User Pages Club Penguin User Control Panel Register for Club Penguin Fansite

Go Back   Club Penguin Fansite > Club Penguin Game Forums > Club Penguin Mini-Games

Club Penguin Mini-Games Instructions, Rules, Strategy and Tactics for the Mini-Games

Old How-to Play: Card-Jitsu

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
CPF's Random Magician
BlueSnowPen's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Leap Year Award 2012 St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Patriot Penguin's 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood:
BlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura aboutBlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura aboutBlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura about
Post How-to Play: Card-Jitsu

Hello, all you penguins! Here's one of CP's more popular games, Card-Jitsu! I've pulled together a guide for it, for all of you!

Where:
Dojo

Object Of The Game:
Beat your opponent in a game of skill to rank up your belt level.

Getting Started
Visit Sensei on the green pillow in the Dojo and click on him. When the pop-up: Do you want to talk to Sensei? pops up, click yes. Keep talking to him to receive your Starter Pack of cards to play Card-Jitsu.

How To Play
Choose a card that you think will beat the other player. Fire melts ice/snow, Ice/snow freezes water, and Water puts out fire. Simpler, fire beats ice/snow, ice/snow beats water, water beats fire. If the cards make it result in a tie, the highest number wins (exception below, keep reading.)

"Power" Cards
These cards I consider "power" cards. These cards have an aurora around them which signified a special power. All the powers we know of now are:

If this card is played and the next round results in a tie, lower number wins.

Next card played by you gets +2.

Next card played by your opponent gets -2.

Next card of certain type (fire, snow, water) not able to be played.

To Win:
You must collect three of either of these:

1 fire of one color, 1 water of a different color, 1 ice/snow of a different color
or
3 fire different colors
or
3 water different colors
or
3 ice/snow different colors

What You Win:
After a certain amount of experience, 100 to be exact, you earn a belt. When you rank up to a black belt, and challenge Sensei and win, you will become a true ninja. There is a special room JUST for ninjas.

Every time you win, you gain 10/100 experience. Every time you lose, you gain 2/10 experience. (THANKS Annalina3!)

If you have any questions be sure to post here and ask or send me a pm.

~BlueSnowPen

Card-Jitsu Fire
Card-Jitsu Water
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dogo Belt Legend.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dogo Instructions.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dominations - Card-Jitsu.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Card-Jitsu Pic.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Card-Jitsu Pic Ninja Progress.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	591  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Card-Jitsu Pic Cards.jpg
Views:	1462
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	592  

Thanks to Flippers for the awesome sig and avvie!

Last edited by BlueSnowPen; 11-29-2010 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: Added links
Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 AM
A Black Belt Master Ninja
Dark Trent's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Dark Trent is a waddler
How do you defeat the sensei?
EDIT:Nevermind I defeated him.
------------------------------------------------
The Black Penguin Investigators-The Pale White Puffle
Play Club Penguin
-------------------

Last edited by Dark Trent; 11-19-2008 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
CPF's Random Magician
Awards Showcase
Leap Year Award 2012 St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Patriot Penguin's 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award 

My Mood:
BlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura aboutBlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura aboutBlueSnowPen has a penguiny aura about
To defeat the Sensei just play alot and let him beat you, then he will tire out and you can defeat him then.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes, I am a ferret.
Gobob789's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Patriot Penguin's 2010 Award Summer Fun Screenshot Participants' Award Wish List Participation Award Designer Participation Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood:
Gobob789 is a waddler
If you don't have a high belt, the sensei crushes you with great ease.

Viva La Yankovic!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 AM
I will always be BORED!
Savanabanana99's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Winner's Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood:
Savanabanana99 is a waddler
I need a tip on getting belts faster I'm only one yellow and I started 3 days ago!!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Dark Trent is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savanabanana99 View Post
I need a tip on getting belts faster I'm only one yellow and I started 3 days ago!!
Just keep playing on the competitive mode.
Play Club Penguin
-------------------
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
CPF's Random Magician
Awards Showcase

My Mood:
Competition mode earns you the most experience points.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Rol: Rocking Out Loud!!
clubpenguinfan74's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Award Wish List Winner Award Designer Participation Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood:
clubpenguinfan74 is a waddler
Card Jitsu Guide

Hey just thought i would give some tips! i have a black belt which i got in 6 hours. For starters Card Jitsu is basiclly rock,paper,scissors with the exception of numbers. The cards are classified by type and numbers. Fire beats snow. Snow beats water. ANd water beats fire. Now for the number part. The numbers are numbered from 1-12. The higher the card number,The better it is. UNLESS your opponent uses a power card which flips the value of the number of the card. When the opponent use this the value is flipped.For example 1 has the value of 12 and 12 has the value of 1. When you first begin, the sensei gives you 10 starting cards: 9 regualar cards. And 1 power card which has a power like flipping the value of the number of the card and increasing the number value of your card in the NEXT round. You can get more cards by buying packs of Club Penguin trading cards. Each code is worth 5 cards in the online game. Your belt color will increase with your expierience and wins. Once you have black belt and have beaten Sensei you will become a ninja whichpenguin t believed to exist in the beggining years. THe ninjas did exist in Penguin Chat 3 an earlier version of Club Penguin created by Rsnail (short for Rocket Snail) and the Club Penguin Team.You will gain acess to the secret ninja room with a 3 item catalog for ninja's only. The items are: Ninja Suit, Dojo igloo, and a gong. Here are some tips for being a good player. I forgot to mention this earlier in the guide, there are TWO ways to win: win with 3 diffrent types of cards and diffrent colors and winning with the same type of card and diffrent colors.

1. Don't use the same type of card. Your opponent will get suspiscious and use it against you.

2.Expect the unexpected. Outsmart your opponent. For example your opponent has snow and fire. Most of the time they would play along and select water. But sometimes they would expect you to choose the one that beats it. They would expect you to choose isnow and they would use fire and make your plan totally backfire.

That is it for now -clubpenguinfan74

MESSAGE: The post above me was originally intended to be posted as a thread alone. I guess it was sent here. I'd like to keep the post though
~Clubpenguinfan74

I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL

Last edited by clubpenguinfan74; 11-23-2008 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Inproper spelling
Old 11-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Dark Trent is a waddler
Good guide but it's ninja suit not suite.
Play Club Penguin
-------------------
Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Icy London Icy France
Icy France's Penguin Info

Icy France is a waddler
Another power card reduces the number of your opponent's card in the next round.

I only seen the sensei use it. It was a green water card, a number of twelve, with a picture of a ninja. The effects were COOL
Old 12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Hall of Fame
UpInTheAir's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2011 Holiday Award Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Penguin's 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 22

UpInTheAir is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSnowPen View Post
After a certain amount of experience, you earn a belt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSnowPen View Post
Competition mode earns you the most experience points.
Great to know! This explains what happened to me tonight.

Of course I was playing Card-Jitsu while doing other things at the same time...and I kept loosing, wonder why

Anyways, in the midst of my grand loosing streak, I was awarded my next belt and was rather surprised. I had been given the impression that the belts were based on number of wins, but clearly this isn't the case

I'm still considering this belt to be a "pity" belt awarded to me by the Sensei. Playing as badly as I was tonight, I don't deserve that belt!

Thanks again for clarifying this and helping me make sense of what happened tonight!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:44 PM
ArticCruiser's Penguin Info

ArticCruiser is a waddler
What stores sell the trading cards and how much do they cost?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
CPF's Random Magician
Awards Showcase

My Mood:
Post Hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir View Post
Great to know! This explains what happened to me tonight.

Of course I was playing Card-Jitsu while doing other things at the same time...and I kept loosing, wonder why

Anyways, in the midst of my grand loosing streak, I was awarded my next belt and was rather surprised. I had been given the impression that the belts were based on number of wins, but clearly this isn't the case

I'm still considering this belt to be a "pity" belt awarded to me by the Sensei. Playing as badly as I was tonight, I don't deserve that belt!

Thanks again for clarifying this and helping me make sense of what happened tonight!
My guess is, even if you lose, you still earn experience points. Therefore, if you never win, you'll get to black belt eventually!

~BSP, with my guess

Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
CPF's Random Magician
Awards Showcase

My Mood:
Exclamation Bump

BUMP! I added a picture of the belt legend and some other helpful pictures.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
CPF's Random Magician
Awards Showcase

My Mood:
(BUMP!)

NEW! You may view your Ninja Progress screen in and outside the Dojo. I have added pictures on the first post on the ninja progress. As I have a ninja suit and (31) cards, this screen may vary.