Club Penguin Fansite Disney Club Penguin
Club Penguin Fansite Home Page Club Penguin Forums Club Penguin Arcade Club Penguin Gallery Club Penguin User Pages Club Penguin User Control Panel Register for Club Penguin Fansite

Go Back   Club Penguin Fansite > Club Penguin Game Forums > A Penguin's Tips, Tactics, and Guides > Old Tips, Tactics and Questions

Old Tips, Tactics and Questions Tips, Tactics and Questions Archive forum

Old How to spend coins as a non-member

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Jeeps09's Penguin Info

Jeeps09 is a waddler
How to spend coins as a non-member

After the death of VMK, I decided to give Club Penguin a try to fill my virtual void.

Because I enjoyed several of the game, I have accumulated a small fortune in the game rather quickly. Unfortunately, as a non-member, it appears that there is basically no way for me to spend my coins.

Can someone provide some tips as to how a) non-members can use their coins and b) how non-members can have fun in the game, in general?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't forget our wiki!
SpinMarty's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty has a penguiny aura aboutSpinMarty has a penguiny aura aboutSpinMarty has a penguiny aura about
Those are great questions!

As far as coins, the backgrounds and penguin colors in the game are available to all to purchase. It does seem as shame that there cannot be more available to non-members.

As far as having fun - that is more up to your imagination. Visit and hang out with other penguins in their igloos, etc. After 45 days you can apply to be a Secret Agent which allows you access to the Secret Missions!
I am sure that there will be more suggestions in this thread.

I will admit, as well, that as a fellow VMK-refugee that CP is missing some of that same magic that VMK did. Have you tried Pirates or ToonTown?

Last edited by SpinMarty; 07-04-2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: added secret agent stuff
Old 07-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Jeeps09's Penguin Info

Jeeps09 is a waddler
Re: Have you tried Pirates or Toontown

I have...Pirates is substantially worse than CP if you are not a member because a) the game is shaky to begin with (the speed of the game is often problematic) and b) unless you are a member, there are verrrry few things you can do...

At least in CP, the games and such are accessible even if a lot of the fun stuff isn't.

Plus, I tried TT for an even shorter period of time. It was just too goofy for me. CP seems much cleaner (design wise) and has less of a "story" and more individual choice I guess.

It seems that there just really isn't a good alternative that meets the standard set by VMK.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:19 AM
PolarPurple
GoodPolarGirl's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Halloween '09 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award CPF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood:
GoodPolarGirl is a waddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps09 View Post
It seems that there just really isn't a good alternative that meets the standard set by VMK.
I feel your pain

Well, you could easily become a member. It's only $6 for a month membership.

And, if you don't want to be a member, you could go around and search club penguin. And take care of your puffles!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:27 AM
akaa;;lauraaaa(:
taylorswiftfan13's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Wish List Participation Award Coolest Designer Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

taylorswiftfan13 is a waddler
i'm not a member either. and i would play games to pass the time when i was bored and get a lot of money. i would buy all the backgrounds available and colors even if i didn't want them. and i would send lots of cards to random people just to waste my money lol.

and yes i was an old vmk-er. nothing ever will meet up to it's standards.

~taylor
Old 09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Soccer Player Pro
mailliam's Penguin Info

mailliam is a waddler
you can spend them on backgrounds flags and puffles thats it though
Old 12-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Jump! I said Jump!
TheSockZebra's Penguin Info
Awards Showcase
Wish List Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood:
TheSockZebra is a waddler
I usually Give it to Coins for Change. Good Help, and a good way to spend. (for me)
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Knowner's Penguin Info

My Mood:
Knowner is a waddler
Ya. I always empty out all my money for Coins For Change. It is a really good cause.
As for spending money, since I am a non-member, I always search for the hidden things in the Stage, Sports, and Clothing Catalog. Sometimes, if it is a background, its always availible for non-members to buy.