PDA

View Full Version : How-To GFX using GIMP

giatekla
05-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Most of you don't know how to GFX something. Here's how.
Programs
Gimp

Backround
Before adding a render or stock, make a backround according to your choice. Do not make it show-off, because the render/stock is the most important.

Renders or Stocks
A render is a cut-out from a picture. For example, you crop out Michael Jackson from a picture, then HE is the render. A stock is not a render or is part of a render itself. You may need to add a render or stock to your sig. I recommend renders for beginners... much more easier!

Doing the GFX!
Now, the render and the backround are so far two separate pictures. For your backround picture, press "Layer" then press "New Layer." Crop out your render, then right click it and press "Cut," or "Copy." Now, go back to your backround picture. Press "Paste." Move your render around on your backround to what you want it to be.

Touch-ups
You may want to add some "touch-ups." Putting some paint, adding some more effects, anything you want.

Upload!
Upload your picture unto an approved hosting site. Copy the BB code for it and paste it to your sig.

Tada!
Have others rate your sig! Have others ooh and aah at it!
Congrats on your 1st GFX!

:Wink:Flanders:Wink:

giatekla
06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Anyone want to learn about GFX-ing?

giatekla

Ninas is Great
06-13-2008, 06:32 AM
yes but no i have no patients to read everything u posted there lolz

Graphite
06-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Mergh... a little bit. Not as much as I would like to, but I do when I can. ;o

The one in my sig is one I did way back, it's not quite up to what I do now.

P.S. Just something to change about your guide, usually its best to pick a render or a stock first because then you can not only blend in your render so it looks like it belongs, but you can make a background that's not clashing with your render, or get the flow according to the render. Just thought I'd point that out.

Ninas is Great
06-17-2008, 08:17 PM
who is ur sig of anyways?

Graphite
06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
who is ur sig of anyways?

Paramore lead singer. You might know them by their song, "Misery Business". They're pretty good, a bit mainstream but good.

Ninas is Great
06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
omg i didnt recognize her i love them

giatekla
07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Mergh... a little bit. Not as much as I would like to, but I do when I can. ;o

The one in my sig is one I did way back, it's not quite up to what I do now.

P.S. Just something to change about your guide, usually its best to pick a render or a stock first because then you can not only blend in your render so it looks like it belongs, but you can make a background that's not clashing with your render, or get the flow according to the render. Just thought I'd point that out.

Your sig is very familiar, I've seen it on another forum...

giatekla